Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
This is a great resource to help answer any questions you might have about our showcase or organization.
Q: Why should I attend your showcase?
- EXPOSURE before club tournament play gets you on the coaches’ recruiting radar earlier. If you are looking for more offers or the right offer, our event is the place to be.
- COST EFFECTIVE Event programming means our event is ONLY $80.
- COMPETE against the best players in your region. Where do you stand among the best?
- Preferred Showcase of 4 year schools – a claim supported by attendance of over 500 college coaches in 2016.
- CONTROLLED numbers of kids per session per court ensures you get maximum exposure and touches in an event. Limitless “cattle calls” at other events reduce your playing time, touches, and exposure to coaches’ eyes.
- PEER-TO-PEER GUIDANCE and assistance from current and former college-level athletes working our events.
- FREE resources including our “Inside Recruiting Booklet” and videos on the recruiting process ($99 value)
Q: How do I register for an event?
A: Go to the “Registration” menu at the top of the web page. This will drill you through the registration process. When you register, you will receive an email confirming your registration as well as information to access your profile.
Q: Player perspective of an event?
A:Here are a few videos with players giving you their perspective of showcase
Q: What do college coaches look for at a Recruiting showcase?
Q: I Registered but have not seen an email from you confirming my reservation.
A: We have sent it. Please check your SPAM folder. Also in your email program, allow emails from “biokats.com”. This will help ensure you receive email updates from us.
Q: Do college coaches attend your event?
A: Yes. College coaches do attend. In 2016, we had over 500 college coaches attend our events.
Q: How do I access my profile?
A. go to your profile login HERE. There are instructions on logging in.
Q: Do you allow walk ups?
A. IF we have a session that is not filled, we will allow walk-ups. Pre-registering is preferred.
Q: What makes NVS different than other events?
A. Well we were the first to put on a volleyball showcase geared towards helping athletes gain exposure. We are very passionate about helping young athletes reaching our goals.(Read the story about our founder and his journey.) We control our session numbers. We provide very useful resources and information to parents and athletes for FREE, and we continue to innovate and provide the college coaches with what they want to see. Our success in being useful over the years has been tremendous – which may be validated by the fact that other groups have attempted to mimic our events. Be careful of groups that have HIDDEN Fees like subscriptions to attend an events or that run blogs. We control our session numbers so the girls get lots of touches and repetitions. BEWARE of groups that have “cattle-calls” with too many girls. Its a waste of money.
In the end, we are flattered that many groups are trying to copy us. However, we know that has caused some confusion in the marketplace. Biokats will continue operating with a sincere vision to Educate, Prepare and Showcase student-athletes.
Q: Are parents allowed in the gym/workout area?
A. Sorry. but with many of our events there is not enough room for college coaches, players and parents. Parents are able to attend our information seminars on recruiting process.
Q: What is the difference between a volleyball combine and your volleyball showcase?
A: A combine is strictly a measurement event: height, reach, touch, etc. College coaches do not usually attend combines because they want to see you play. Don’t waste your money on little return of exposure. Our volleyball showcase provides college coaches with the measurement information they want AND reveals your skills and player character during controlled live play sessions. I have yet to meet a college coach that finds value in budgeting her/his time to scout a player that is only doing drills or measurements. They want to see you play. And we provide that format.
Q: What measurements/numbers are college coaches interested
A: There are only a few things that interest college coaches. They are your height, touch, gpa/test scores , your competitiveness and your volleyball IQ.
- Height – Volleyball – like basketball – is a competition where more length increases your chance of success at certain positions.
- Touch – This is a combination of your reach and your vertical jump. Division 1 coaches seek players recording a touch score of 9’6″ or better. Elite players touch 10.′ This is just one aspect of evaluating a player. The College program filters and needs do differ between schools.
- GPA/Test scores – These are very important. The higher they are – the better your chances at earning scholarships – especially academic scholarships. Make sure you get it done in the classroom.
- Volleyball IQ – This is how well you know and play the game. Measuring it is tough, but coaches like high volleyball IQs and know a good player when they see one.
Q: If I come to your event, will I get an athletic scholarship?
A. That really depends on you and what college coaches need at the time. We do not have athletic scholarships to offer. Only the colleges and universities do. Beware of recruiting organizations that are selling you on a college scholarship.
Q: How did National Volleyball Showcase Start?
A: We started as a training company in 2002 running local events to help our athletes to gain exposure. When we opened it up to kids from other communities and regions, the positive feedback enlightened and inspired us. The college coaches and athletes loved the unique opportunity to evaluate while the athletes, parents and high school/club coaches enjoyed the more intimate, personal marketing option. We discovered there was a bigger need in helping athletes with exposure, so we expanded our services to aid student-athletes in multiple regions aroudn the country.
If you still have a question, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to ensure you have the information you need.